Saturday 2 December 2006

[Imported from "LewyLife"] A 3rd blog for the personal and mundane:

Hey, so I've been feeling particularly tired and rubbish of late, but never mind. I've still been able to finish reading Accelerando (by Charles Stross - basically a dramatization of "The Singularity is Near" by Ray Kurzweil) and check out some new software/services:

Since previously trusty Firefox went to pieces on my 64bit computer for no apparent reason, I've been needing an alternative. Eventually i got around to trying Opera (which I'm using right now). It has tabbed browsing and some useful features Firefox doesn't have, so I recommend it.

This groovy picture by Eboy inspired me to check out a few other things:

Last.fm - a custom internet radio player, equivalent to Pandora, arguably better.

Well, err, actually that's all the new stuff I'll be using from there for a bit, but i did also just get on Facebook which had been coming for a while. Well… gotta try and stay in touch with the youth, you know, even if i am just an old fart at heart!

2023-11-29 Addendum: I've imported the few posts from my old LewyLife blog to this less defunct blog, and deleted that to tidy up. Images missing that were presumably embedded via URL links only.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm very happy to see comments, but I need to filter out spam. :-)