Thursday 21 December 2006

[Imported from "LewyLife"] Blues and Space Jazz

So the cow milk related product embargo lead nowhere and I blatantly couldn't be arsed avoiding wheat! I have sent off for a £20 finger prick type testing kit, which should arrive just in time for me not to be in the country…

:heavy sigh of depression:…I’ve been back at my home in Rugby since Sunday night and since a couple of days before that I’ve been slowly spiralling. Don’t think it’s Christmas shopping blues. Surely it can’t just be seasonal dysfunction. Is the prospect of being back in my registered address of 23 years that bad?! I mean, summer here was a write off, and the Easter before it is, to me, synonymous with lethargy, but it’s not a bad place:

Free food cooked for me, old mates to see 1-2 times a week, drums (which I’m yet to be in the mood to play so far)…maybe the association of mental blocks on work, in my top floor domain, accumulated over the years, is standing in my way?

I haven’t been doing either coursework assignment (any if you include CMS too), but I *have* been playing with this stupid applet (see pic: right) incessantly since Alex sent me the link, damn him! It’s got the whole causality chain thing going for it, like domino toppling of my childhood or that Honda ad. I’m a Rube Goldberg machine addict!

Also, been watching Cowboy Bebop. It’s comes in 20 minute episodes (like scrubs, which makes it dangerously Moorish) is jazzy and eclectic soundtrack fits neatly with the usual, fast paced, stylistic animation, no wonder it was a hit show. While, generally not gory or explicit, it’s definitively no kid’s show, the dark side of this fictional universe is ever present, with likeable characters killed off just when you were thinking an episode might get cheesily happy.

Care seems to be taken making Faye Valentine not very likeable as a main ‘good guy’ character, which is refreshing. So far the physics is somewhat malleable, but then this more a space western, that a serious anime like Ghost in the Shell (
Stand Alone Complex). I liked the Transformers the Movie reference in the 3rd episode: “reversing polarity” of the missiles, nice touch, doubt many ppl were sad enough to notice that one


[Damn! Now I’m watching crazy Japanese Rube Goldberg machines on YouTube!]


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm very happy to see comments, but I need to filter out spam. :-)